Do you need to replace a commercial HVAC system? When an HVAC unit begins to show signs of wear and tear, such as inconsistent cooling, loud noises, or leaking, it’s important to explore all of your options.
AC Power & Comfort, Inc can identify the problem with your current system and help you decide if a commercial HVAC replacement is necessary. Here’s a quick guide to help you consider replacement, repair, new installation, and cost.
Does my commercial HVAC unit need to be replaced?
- 1 Does my commercial HVAC unit need to be replaced?
- 2 What is the life expectancy of a commercial HVAC unit?
- 3 How much does a new commercial HVAC system cost?
- 4 What are the top factors that affect the cost of a new HVAC installation?
- 5 How much time does it take to install a new commercial HVAC unit?
- 6 For More Information on Commercial HVAC Installation Costs
If you’re concerned about the cost of upgrading a commercial HVAC system, the first thing you need to do is confirm that your current system needs to be replaced. Begin by calling AC Power & Comfort and scheduling an appointment with one of our experienced technicians. They’ll be able to determine if your HVAC unit needs repair or maintenance or if a new installation is necessary. Our goal is to help customers save money and make working HVAC systems last as long as possible.
What is the life expectancy of a commercial HVAC unit?
A commercial HVAC unit can last anywhere from 10-15 years, depending on a range of different factors. For instance, the climate, frequency of use, and location of the unit can influence the longevity of commercial air conditioning equipment. In addition, when HVAC systems are properly maintained and receive regular inspections, they can last a lot longer.
How much does a new commercial HVAC system cost?
Unit prices for commercial air conditioners will vary depending on the features and design. Of course, things like the time of year you purchase the equipment, available inventory, and shipping can all affect the cost as well. Some brands are better than others, so it’s important to speak with a commercial HVAC expert before you make your purchase.
What are the top factors that affect the cost of a new HVAC installation?
Several things can impact the cost of a new commercial HVAC unit and installation:
- Brand and Type of Commercial HVAC Unit – As mentioned above, some brands are better than others, so the manufacturer you choose can affect the unit’s price. Makes and models of units vary widely, so it’s important to know what kind of features you need for your property before selecting new equipment. For instance, commercial units for restaurants or data centers will require different features than a commercial HVAC system for a retail plaza. It’s also essential to know the size of the unit you’ll need to heat and cool your property.
- Current Ductwork System – The condition of the existing ductwork can significantly impact installation costs. If your current ductwork is free of leaks and everything appears to be functioning properly, it shouldn’t affect the price of installation. However, if the existing ductwork is in poor condition, you’ll need to add removal and installation expenses to your overall HVAC system cost.
- SEER Rating – A SEER rating is what tracks a unit’s efficiency. The higher the SEER rating, the lower the cost. That’s because the equipment with high SEER ratings often runs better, lasts longer, and saves more energy. Be sure to discuss the SEER ratings with your commercial HVAC specialist when replacing a unit.
- Additional Features – Things like zoning and smart wireless controls can also affect the price of a unit and installation. There are a lot of different technological innovations associated with HVAC equipment that are desirable for commercial properties. For instance, being able to control heating and cooling from a smartphone or receiving alerts when a unit needs maintenance are excellent features to have. However, these features will impact your overall cost.
How much time does it take to install a new commercial HVAC unit?
The time it takes to replace a commercial HVAC unit will depend on many of the aspects that we listed above. It could take anywhere from hours to days when factoring in removing an old system and installing a new system. Each commercial property has different demands when it comes to HVAC installation.
For example, larger properties requiring multiple rooftop units will take longer than smaller ones with fewer zones. At AC Power & Comfort, we understand that efficiency is critical when it comes to replacement and installation. Our goal is to get you up and running with your new commercial HVAC system as quickly as possible, so your business doesn’t suffer. Be sure to ask about the installation timeline when meeting with a technician for an estimate.
For More Information on Commercial HVAC Installation Costs
AC Power & Comfort technicians are always transparent when discussing replacement and installation costs. We won’t hide any additional fees, and we always try to find alternatives to help keep your budget in check. Contact us today to schedule an inspection of your commercial HVAC unit to determine if a replacement is necessary.