What is preventative HVAC maintenance:
The care and servicing by personnel for the purpose of maintaining HVAC equipment in a satisfactory operating condition by providing systematic inspections, early detection, and correction of incipient failures either before they occur or before they develop into major defects or problems.
AC Power & Comfort offers preventative maintenance contracts to commercial clients. We provide preventative maintenance agreements that fit into your budget and HVAC maintenance needs.
Basic HVAC preventative maintenance services performed
Checking and performing a visual inspection
- Oil Leaks (if any) in and out of the condenser coil, evaporator coil, compressor or compressors, pressure safety's
- Burnt wires or looses control wires (if loose or burnt correct the problem)
- Fan Motors, which include condenser fan motor or motors and blower motors.
- Pulleys and bearing
- Sanitizing of the evaporator coil (entering & leaving)
- Sanitizing / Clearing of the drain pan and piping. (Place a time release pad)
- Changing filters
- Checking the blower belt. (if found loose "tighten", if found cracked "change") always leave a spare belt.
- Check refrigerant pressures (only check if needed) if supply air is not reaching set-point or if something looks out of the norm.
Monthly Preventative Maintenance Services
Performed at Platinum Condominium in Miami, FL
This Maintenance is performed on a monthly basis.
- Filter changes for all common area HVAC equipment
- Sanitizing all evaporator coils with the self rinsing biodegradable non-toxic coil cleaner
- Gel tablets placed in all Drain pans to prevent any blockages
- Inspect all electrical control wiring, control components, loose connections or any discoloration of the wires
- Adjust, inspect, grease or change blower belts
- Inspect, grease cooling tower pumps
- Inspect, grease cooling tower bearings
- Adjust, inspect for worn cooling tower belts
- Change belts if worn or split
- Inspect cooling tower frequency drives for any loose control wires or any discoloration
Cooling Tower shut-down is performed on an annual basis for servicing. Annual shutdowns are normally performed during cooler climates in month of December or January.
Before and After Filter Change
Before proposing a preventative maintenance agreement we visit your site, inspect the amount and conditions of your HVAC equipment to make a good judgment on what type of preventative maintenance contract would be best for your commercial building.
Why consider commercial air conditioner maintenance plans
Remember, the primary goal of preventative maintenance is to avoid or mitigate the consequences of system failure on HVAC equipment.
Having a routine preventative maintenance will help reduce and avoid big repair expenses. The areas covered under a preventative maintenance agreement can vary depending on the type of HVAC equipment that’s in your building.
- Annual contracts
The following are just a few of the areas that we inspect:
- Compressor amps
- Refrigerant Levels or leaks
- System approach
- Evaporator Coil Condition
- Blower motor amps and squirrel cage wheel
- Condenser Coil Condition
- Drain Pan or Pump and drain lines
- Filters/checked or changed
- Belts/checked or changed
- Pulley alignments (if needed)
…………. these are a few of the items AC Power Comfort checks under a Preventative Maintenance contract; ***NOTE***It may vary, depending on the make & model of your HVAC system. All preventative maintenance agreement are unique and created specifically for the individual company and their needs.
With AC Power our Specials only apply to contracted customers that have signed and agreed to a one year term; Preventative Maintenance Contract. If you would like to find out more check out our maintenance contract rates.